- This event has passed.
Align Your Investments with Your Values – Workshop
July 17, 2017
Slow Food USA presents this daylong workshop as part of its conference Slow Food Nations in Denver, CO July 14 – 17, 2017
Global finance is an opaque landscape for individual investors. All too often, our investments can end up tied to socially and environmentally harmful industries without our knowledge. How can we empower ourselves to act in this sphere, and direct our money toward worthy and positive businesses?
If you long to operate with integrity in all parts of your life but feel under-equipped or bewildered by the idea of aligning your investments with your values, the EK4T workshop is a chance to empower yourself by learning essential portfolio management skills and link your financial resources with local resilience.
In this safe, supportive and constructive workshop you will:
- Learn about the problems with global finance from an ex-insider
- Clarify your own values and build your personal investment compass
- Learn basic concepts of portfolio management and the tools to assess your liquidity and risk profile
- Learn to include non-financial considerations when evaluating investments
- Determine the prudent allocation of your portfolio to direct, impact or local investments
- Learn how to assess the risk and the alignment with your values of an investment opportunity
- Connect with a group of like-minded individuals interested in building a better world through their investments