- This event has passed.
Workshop: Build a Better World Through Your Investments
May 20, 2017
Please join us for an in-depth workshop with impact investor Marco Vangelisti, a founding member of Slow Money. Registration fees are on a sliding scale (please see registration form below).
Global finance is an opaque landscape for individual investors. All too often, our investments can end up tied to socially and environmentally harmful industries, without our knowledge. How can we empower ourselves to act in this sphere, and direct our money toward profitable, progressive businesses?
If you long to operate with integrity in all parts of your life but feel under equipped or bewildered by the idea of aligning your investments with your values, this workshop is a chance to learn essential portfolio management skills and link your financial resources with local resilience.
In this safe, supportive and constructive workshop you will:
- Learn about the problems with global finance from an ex-insider;
- Clarify your own values and build your personal investment compass;
- Learn basic concepts of portfolio management and the tools to assess your liquidity and risk profile;
- Learn to include non-financial considerations when evaluating investments;
- Determine the prudent allocation of your portfolio to direct, impact or local investments;
- Learn how to assess an investment opportunity’s risk and alignment with your values;
- Connect with a group of like-minded individuals interested in building a better world through their investments.